I am a Photographer that believes you should own your pictures, so all my prices include a disc with your portraits.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Meet Abby


I had the opportunity to spend some time with Abby and her family taking pictures at their home. Abby is thirteen and from what I understand has been battling Leukemia for many years.I haven't had a lot of opportunities to take pictures of older kids, and it was so fun, she was so cooperative! She is a beautiful young girl as you can tell in these pictures and I hope she loves them as much as I do. The bond I felt between her and her parents was very touching. She comes from a very spirited family and at the end of the shoot they were all very creative in getting the cousins to smile. (I need to remember your technique.) This was a very touching shoot and it was a pleasure getting to know them briefly, I wish them all the best.

5 comments:

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

These look great Miranda!

Maria said...

She is beautiful! Whenever I see kids suffering from cancer I wish I could just take away their pain. My favorite is her on the bench with her legs up and the brick behind her.

mom2jjk said...

I have been checking here to see these shots and they were worth the wait. I am sure the family is overjoyed to have these moments captured so beautifully.

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous young lady & beautiful family! You do a fantastic job... but look what you have to work with! I love the motorbike pictures... so FUN- and my favorite is the chair also. You seem to have great poses for chairs!

Bon said...

Good job Miranda! What a beautiful girl! You have been keeping busy...I love it! I am hoping to get back on my appoint. This week.